Deciding on what to invest in for your retirement fund can be a lot of pressure, especially since this is big money we’re talking about.
The wrong choice could lead to a drastic financial loss, while an investment undertaken wisely can reap endless rewards and have you sitting pretty during your retirement.
For years, the practice of investing in the most obvious things such as mutual funds and the stock market has been widely practiced. However, the growing trend of investing in precious metals such as gold and silver seems to be slowly taking over and why shouldn’t it be?
These days investing in the stock market is like rolling a couple of dice because you never know what you’re going to get due to its extreme volatility. Aside from that, here are other risks of investing in the stock market you should be wary of:
● There’s no guarantee you’ll have any return on your investment. While there are numerous different methods of predicting when a stock will perform well and not perform so well , these aren’t a sure thing, even half of the time.
● You run the risk of a shifting interest rate that can cause a rise in interest and a decline in stock prices. According to investopedia.com, investors become especially exposed to interest rate risk when they buy securities that offer a fixed rate or return.
● Another kind of risk you can run into is the business risk. This is when the stock’s issuer goes bankrupt and is unable to pay the interest for the stock. This is also known as an unsystematic risk and you can lose a lot of money depending on how much you invested in the stock.
These are only three examples of the type of risks you might encounter when investing in the stock market. It may sound kind of scary, but remember that there’s always an alternative to investing in the stock market. That is, through investing in precious metals. Below are the upsides to a precious metals investment to help you see its potential:
● When you own a stock, the only proof of ownership you have is on paper. However, with gold or silver you actually have ownership of a physical metal.
● Stock prices are highly susceptible to inflation, but precious metals aren’t. In fact, precious metals are unaffected by such a situation. The value precious metals hold doesn’t change during instances of inflation.
● Gold, silver, and other precious metals are considered to be a global currency even to this date. Wherever you go, precious metals can be sold at great prices, as they always have been highly regarded as a global form of currency. Due to their versatility, they become useful and saleable in all parts of the globe!
You don’t even have to look very far to find the precious metals you can invest in for your retirement or other life planning goals. At our company, Capital Gold Group, we provide investors of precious metals with authentic and high quality gold, silver, and more.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE DEFINITIVE GOLD GUIDE
The Definitive Gold Guide:
On January 8, 1835, President Andrew Jackson proclaimed that the last installment of our national debt had been paid, and that the United States was debt free! This was the only time in American history that the U.S. had no debt.